· Playwrights must be able to attend meetings and workshops in New York City on a twice-monthly basis from October 2013 - May 2014.
· Playwrights should identify as early-career. Those who have completed an MFA program are eligible, but not those who will be enrolled during the residency.
· Plays to be considered for the fellowship should be complete rough drafts, still developing enough that they would benefit from a nine-month rewriting and reading process. Plays should have no commitments to other theaters that will limit their development with Playwrights Realm.
· Plays that have already been through a similar development process, or have had a production outside of an academic environment, are not eligible.
· We are not looking for solo performance projects at this time.
2. Theatrical resúmé listing all academic credentials and professional productions.
3. Full draft of play that you wish to develop as a Playwrights Realm Writing Fellow in PDF format.
4. A list of references to call, or a recommendation from a teacher or theater professional (optional).
To apply, send the above materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The script must be submitted in PDF format with your name and play title on the cover page.
Applications for 2013-14 are now closed.Thanks to those who completed applications! We'll be in touch. And if you missed our deadline this year, never fear: we'll be back next spring.
Want to learn more about becoming a Writing Fellow?